BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 26/10/94 - k/o 12:30pm

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would be tempt to change formation for this game and match them up. 

Pears

Hyam Batth Pickering 

JRC Travis Tronstad Beck

Dolan Cantwell 

Gueye 

If we stick with back 4 then I would set up like this

Pears

JRC Batth Hyam Beck

Travis Tronstad 

Weimann Dolan Cantwell 

Gueye

I like your ‘three at the back’ line up and I reckon it’s a good formation when we’re away at hard to beat teams. Dig in, keep it tight and then try and Nick one.

For the 4231, I would play the same team as you, other than Brittain for Weimann and Dolan rotated with Cantwell to protect the fullbacks.

Watford 0 - 1 Rovers 

• Like 2

Keep it tight at the back with Batth and Hyam leading the line and shielded by Tronstad, counter using the awareness and skill of Cantwell, quick thinking and skill of Beck and shithousery of Travis, hold the ball up in their half using Big Mak and nick a goal through the tirelessness of Yuki. Feck me - Simples!

This probably works, if the Hornets fail to turn up.

Head - Hornets 2 Rovers Toothless on the road again 0

Heart - Howling Hornets 1 Roaring Rovers 2

Funt cart - Hornets 4 Rovers 5 (never happening)

COYB! 

36 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Pears

Jrc.   Hyam   batth.  Beck

Brittain Trav Tronstad Cantwell

Gueye  Leonard

Subs: toth, Fadz, pickering, Buckley, siggy, Hedges, dolan, weimann, ohashi

Leonard getting a crack but probably from the bench is possible I think. After a fantastic August both Ohashi and Gueye have looked well off it.

43 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Leonard getting a crack but probably from the bench is possible I think. After a fantastic August both Ohashi and Gueye have looked well off it.

Playing up front on your own in this Rovers team is a thankless task if ever I saw one. You get about one half chance a game. Normally it’s the hardest position on the pitch, that’s why the players who can play it well sell for mega bucks.  Nobody would look good up front for us at present. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Playing up front on your own in this Rovers team is a thankless task if ever I saw one. You get about one half chance a game. Normally it’s the hardest position on the pitch, that’s why the players who can play it well sell for mega bucks.  Nobody would look good up front for us at present. 

Yeah agree with this. Switching to a 532 could help to get some support up there, would like to see it given a shot as others have said.

i hope our set pieces improve over the coming weeks,if you are a defensive side then bringing  a threat at pieces is  valuable source of goals,ours are shocking and need vast improvement,iv`e no idea why it takes two people to take a corner either as was happening on wednesday night

Edited by simongarnerisgod
missed words
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i hope our set pieces improve over the coming weeks,if you are a defensive side then bring a threat at pieces is  valuable source of goals,ours are shocking and need vast improvement,iv`e no idea why it takes two people to take a corner either as was happening on wednesday night

That nonsense triggers me every time they do it.

13 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I like your ‘three at the back’ line up and I reckon it’s a good formation when we’re away at hard to beat teams. Dig in, keep it tight and then try and Nick one.

For the 4231, I would play the same team as you, other than Brittain for Weimann and Dolan rotated with Cantwell to protect the fullbacks.

Watford 0 - 1 Rovers 

I would like to see Guey (pardon the spelling) start, Yuki Ohashi looked a bit jaded against W.B.A. He's a powerful 6 footer who causes problems.

Took a spanking at Cov and the bottle went maybe.

1200+ going down, excellent support for an early tv kick off at fair distance and about time there was some reward on the road.

Edited by tomphil