BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 26/10/94 - k/o 12:30pm

Just now, LDRover said:

We're toothless and it's going to keep hurting us. The 2 lads up front just don't look good enough.

Pay peanuts, get league one (at best) quality players. The idea that you can spend considerably than 10% of the sales value without reducing the quality of the team is stupid.

Spend 50% and you have a chance of finding a few bargins and maybe progressing.

• Like 2

A shit continuation of our terrible away record. 3 points in 6 games away and 4 goals in 7 goals altogether not good enough.

Gueye is an absolute donkey, I think I am now at the point where I can concede that Gallagher was better.

Hedges can have little complaints with the penalty IMO, hand was up in the air. Again totally useless in attack, as was Weimann. We just have no real edge in attack, one great ball by Cantwell but otherwise so dull to watch. And unlike at home, not effective away either.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

From what I've seen in the last week we have played three times and won once, drawn once and lost once. The team performances have been an inverse of the result with last Saturday being the worst and today the best.

Disclaimer - I wasn't at the game today and missed the first 20 minutes or so on TV.

I thought we looked really well drilled today, defended superbly and kept a good shape. Sadly, in a game that we should have taken 3 points, we leave with nothing and going forward the issues remain, a complete lack of pace and just no real goal threat. No idea how Hyam missed that one from 5 yards and Weiman should have done better but we are just too slow and have a tendency to overplay and consistently turn over the ball with slack passes. Since the Burnley sending off, Gueye seems to have offered virtually nothing and neither he or Yuki appear capable of playing a lone role and provide a goal threat. Think the manager is doing a good job but his options are really limited and difficult to see how these players are going to keep us in touch of the play off race.

• Like 2

I thought we played well in parts today, was quietly impressed with Hedges who caused problems with Brittain overlapping. We’re a much more potent attacking threat with Brittain in the team. Beck was excellent again.

Gueye is awful, his touch is so far from the required standard it’s almost comical. He played the ball straight into touch from throwins at least 4 times 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

difficult to see how these players are going to keep us in touch of the play off race.

As Eustace said recently, 50 points is the goal. With this squad it's the only realistic ambition, as sad as that is to say. Venky's Out 

• Like 1

Really should have won that 2-1. Hyam and Weiman have to put their chances away. The penalty was hard luck, 100% the right call just unfortunate since the ball was being played away from goal and Hedges had his arms up as he stopped from making contact with the player from behind. Those things will happen, what can’t happen is missing a sitter and a 1v1 with the keeper. 

Hedges, what a prick. Watford didn’t look like scoring and as bad as us in front of goal.

Up pops hostage Hedges in the box with his hands in the air. 1-0 Watford.

Lack of investment up front is coming back to bite us like a Steve Waggott January.

I thought we played really well - they have bags of pace and power and we completely nullified them as an attacking force.

It's a shame that Hyam and Weimann fluffed absolute sitters, but that's football.

As for the ref - the less said the better. Absolutely never a penalty in a million years and it's decided the game. 

Fine margins in a game that probably deserved to be 0-0. We haven't found the right formula away from home at all. We desperately lack pace and need to find a way to get ACD into the team. 

Not sure what has happened to Gueye. Looked like the striker we'd been crying out for at the beginning of the season. Good in the air, good hold up play, and linked up play well. Now looks like someone who has never played the game before. 

12 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I thought we played well in parts today, was quietly impressed with Hedges who caused problems with Brittain overlapping. We’re a much more potent attacking threat with Brittain in the team. Beck was excellent again.

Gueye is awful, his touch is so far from the required standard it’s almost comical. He played the ball straight into touch from throwins at least 4 times 

Gueye is looking every bit as bad as his highlight reel shows. Really poor today.

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I thought we played really well - they have bags of pace and power and we completely nullified them as an attacking force.

It's a shame that Hyam and Weimann fluffed absolute sitters, but that's football.

As for the ref - the less said the better. Absolutely never a penalty in a million years and it's decided the game. 

i thought it was a bit soft tbh and at least we did`nt get a repeat of the coventry game,which i thought would happen,

11 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Hedges shouldn't be getting games for us - he offers absolutely nothing. 

I was desperate for the Godo deal to get over the line for this very reason - we need pace and the ability to go past a man and deliver a ball into the box. Hedges does neither. 

We're stuck rotating Dolan, Weimann and Hedges in that 3 behind the striker, it's no wonder we don't score many. 

• Like 4