BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 26/10/94 - k/o 12:30pm

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seeing as you have thumbs downed my post, and obviously factoring in with the above that its all about results.

We agree that the home form is brilliant as is the continued ability to keep clean sheets at home.

Do any of the following concern you:

- 3 points from 6 away games, no wins

- 4 goals from 7 games, 2 from 5 games

- Our main striker signing is still to score or to come close to scoring a league goal

Not quite sure why you’re pursuing him. He also said Gueye was good at holding the ball up which tells you how much of the match he actually watched.

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Overall good performance from the players but didn't take our chances. Should have took all 3 points but didn't. Hyam, Weimann and Ohashi all with great chances.

Dolan looked injured when he came on.

Gueye good at holding the ball up. 

Ohashi impressed. Travis, Cantwell, Hyam and Brittain all played very good today.

Pears had basically nothing to do apart take the ball from the goal after Pen scored. Smash and grab from Watford today. Its was very harsh pen given by Ref for me 

So overall disappointed with result but happy with performance and how many good chances created. 

Did you actually watch the match or are you regaling your dream from last night!

In the main, we are awful to watch and punchless.

Carter out for up to 3 months is going to be one big miss - Hyam, Batth and Mcfad wont be enough to see us through.

Can't play the 2 T's together in midfield.

Offensively, only Cantwell offers something of quality - IMO, Hedges just not up to it, Weimann finished, Dolan headless chicken, Siggy can't be arsed, Ohashi flash in the pan and can't play lone striker and Gueye, someone please take him to Blackpool beach.

Good job we have some decent points already on the board as it's going to be one long hard, hard winter 

• Like 4
  • Downvote 4

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It's called deliberate handball last I heard, so yeh it's about purposely handballing it. I've explained why his position is natural. If you watch a match and look for it, you'll see players raise their hands like that dozens of times a match, most of them just don't have the misfortune of the ball striking them from a yard away. It's a bollocks decision. Even the Watford commentators weren't convinced.

Yep.

unintentional handball isn’t an infringement of the rules. So it obviously follows that handball has to be intentional.

The authorities have brought in guidelines to help a referee decide if it was intentional but they’re nonsense, make no sense and don’t clear anything up. For instance, in this case today, it’s so very obvious that it wasn’t intentional. However the guidelines say that a referee must take into account whether ….

the opponents hands:arms were in an unnatural position. Well seeing that we know it wasn’t intentional handball, how could his hands be in an unnatural position? They couldn’t, could they. Unless you believe that players run around the pitch for 90 mins  deliberately putting their hands in an unnatural position.

Refs should be left alone to make their judgement solely on the intention to handle the ball.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, den said:

Which of our “strikers” would people back to score, say, 15 goals this season?

Can't see any of our players getting double figures. Would be nice for Gueye to get at least one league goal, but he can't shoot properly so it'll have to go in off his arse or elbow. Won't be through any kind of technique or skill. 

Yuki is decent but he'll never be a Szmodics, an Arma or even a BBD. This is probably the season where our improbable luck with a player randomly having a storming season in front of goal runs out. 

• Like 5

Watched a stream and thought we were good value for a point and maybe all 3. Needed to score in that spell early on but Hyam fluffed it.

Would never give the handball or claim if it was against us either, ridiculous decision. Weimann should have buried his chance in the second half to give us the lead.

Shame we didn’t get what we deserved, in my opinion we played a lot better than against Swansea last Saturday so maybe it evens out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seeing as you have thumbs downed my post, and obviously factoring in with the above that its all about results.

We agree that the home form is brilliant as is the continued ability to keep clean sheets at home.

16 points from 6 games is brilliant and clean sheets keep coming 

Do any of the following concern you:

- 3 points from 6 away games, no wins

- 4 goals from 7 games, 2 from 5 games

No I am not concerned by either of them tbh. 

We picked up 2 very good draws at Norwich and Dingles(with 10 men) and Preston did what we did to the Dingles when we had 10 men. 

Coventry game was a poor performance granted, but today we played well and another day we scored those chances and we win. Watford did very little and it was smash and grab by them. Never a pen for me, cos you have to look at the context why his arm is up there

on the goal point you raise, No I don't cos we are still created chances like today. I would be more concerned if we weren't created anything 

- Our main striker signing is still to score or to come close to scoring a league goal

Well its depends whether you want to pigeon hole signings in groups like you do. I don't. We signed 2 strikers and I would called them first choice or second choice but both strikers are very different type of strikers. Gueye is a target man whilst Ohashi is a workhorse striker(Paul Dickov)

Gueye did some stuff well today but at times I think he needs to keep it simple. Of course I went he had scored in the league by now. Maybe when he gets that first goal he will score 2 or 3 in period of games. 

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Did you actually watch the match or are you regaling your dream from last night!

You been on that red wine stuff again cos you question can't be serious one can it. 

In the main, we are awful to watch and punchless.

Good for you Mercer. 

Can't play the 2 T's together in midfield.

Bollocks they can't. 

Good job we have some decent points already on the board as it's going to be one long hard, hard winter 

Still 6th and ahead of what most people expectations were at this stage of the season, Eustace and the players doing a very good job so far. 

• Downvote 1

Thought a draw was the fairer result today, and the stats seem to back that up. Watford never really looked like scoring in open play, while Rovers missed the best chances of the match. Disappointing to come away with nothing.

Wasn't too disappointed with how Rovers played either. It was a typical stubborn away performance that we've seen a few times now under Eustace. Sometimes those kinds of performances result in a draw or even a 1 nil win...today it didn't happen, c'est la vie.

The pen feels like it could have gone either way. I can understand why it was given, but equally I bet that this season there will be several instances of similar incidents where no pen is given. Ultimately though, Hedges shouldn't have had his hand up in the air. 

All in all, this is where Rovers are at. They're a mid table side, currently punching a bit given the league position. I remain pleased with what Eustace is doing, and I think we'll have a fairly stress free season.

Today doesn't take away from a good start to the season, but they do need to start picking up more points on the road to not become totally reliant on home form.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Thought a draw was the fairer result today, and the stats seem to back that up. Watford never really looked like scoring in open play, while Rovers missed the best chances of the match. Disappointing to come away with nothing.

Wasn't too disappointed with how Rovers played either. It was a typical stubborn away performance that we've seen a few times now under Eustace. Sometimes those kinds of performances result in a draw or even a 1 nil win...today it didn't happen, c'est la vie.

The pen feels like it could have gone either way. I can understand why it was given, but equally I bet that this season there will be several instances of similar incidents where no pen is given. Ultimately though, Hedges shouldn't have had his hand up in the air. 

All in all, this is where Rovers are at. They're a mid table side, currently punching a bit given the league position. I remain pleased with what Eustace is doing, and I think we'll have a fairly stress free season.

Today doesn't take away from a good start to the season, but they do need to start picking up more points on the road to not become totally reliant on home form.

Almost implying that defenders should have hand behind their back when defending in goal area. Odd occaision its a good idea but today Hedges was caught out by a player backing into him. His natural position is to steady himself, ball hits Watfords player's back then onto Hedges hand. Clearly ball to hand and on another day will be waved away by the ref. Some will credit the ref for taking time to make his mind up. Poor decision that cost us.

Penalties produce results and on this occaision we were clearly robbed by a ref. If JE receives a fine that will be another talking point.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Gueye started like a world beater and since his red card he's not been at it...He just doesn't look like he's going to score. Think a goal for him in the league and that will do him the world of good...Yuki needs another soon as well. 

A goal for anyone would be nice at the minute. Two in five games - no bugger can score.

57 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

One other thing, there was a point where we'd kicked the ball out of play as someone was down, Watford just took the throw (in an attacking area for them) and carried on, no sportsmanship (i know they don't have to give the ball back)

So fuck Watford. 

Porteous took the throw in - he's a Grade A cunt. 

fuck sportsmanship and nicey nicey bollox they did right . 

end of the day our powder puff strike force failed miserably yet again , big mak I'd sooner scoff a big mac this fella is a shit Chris brown . Yuki ? did he get beginers luck at the start of season scoring because he's looking bad . 

I'd of brought fad on and put him up front with yuki and pummeled dome balls in after they had scored. 

someone said about which of our strikers could score 15 goals,  I don't they could score 15 between them . I ain't heard the presser but one of my mates was going do lally at eustace as he said we were sensational,  no idea where he saw that because only sensation is that of rage at our dog shit strike force.

and as for hedges 

Edited by ABBEY

Going to be a similar scenario to last season, hopefully avoid relegation after selling at least one player in January... No one will go for a lot of money but Waggott and Venkys will find someone... 

Carter if he is fit enough is probably favourite! 

• Like 1

Thought we were the better team, we certainly had the better chances, at a team who are very good at home.

The penalty is a ridiculous decision, even more so because I'm convinced the ref got a call from one of his mates. There's no way was he giving it, he left it too long.

Thought we deserved at least a draw, certainly an improvement on the last 2 away games.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Overall good performance from the players but didn't take our chances. Should have took all 3 points but didn't. Hyam, Weimann and Ohashi all with great chances.

Dolan looked injured when he came on.

Gueye good at holding the ball up. 

Ohashi impressed. Travis, Cantwell, Hyam and Brittain all played very good today.

Pears had basically nothing to do apart take the ball from the goal after Pen scored. Smash and grab from Watford today. Its was very harsh pen given by Ref for me 

So overall disappointed with result but happy with performance and how many good chances created. 

What chances created? 

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

It's called deliberate handball last I heard, so yeh it's about purposely handballing it. I've explained why his position is natural. If you watch a match and look for it, you'll see players raise their hands like that dozens of times a match, most of them just don't have the misfortune of the ball striking them from a yard away. It's a bollocks decision. Even the Watford commentators weren't convinced.

I watched with Watford commentary, there's no way was it handball,a ridiculous decision.

Ref took ages to give it for no apparent reason other than he wasn't going to give it. I'm convinced he got a call.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Going to be a similar scenario to last season, hopefully avoid relegation after selling at least one player in January... No one will go for a lot of money but Waggott and Venkys will find someone... 

Carter if he is fit enough is probably favourite! 

Out for 2-3 months so no way someone buys him in January. 

Another 3 points gifted our opposition by the official.  Ludicrous decision the ball was even heading away from goal.  He was not giving it then something made him flip.   Fouls are a crap shoot in what is called, good tackles are pulled up but holding and pushing are ok.  A push on Carter helped cause his injury and that ref did not call that either.  Just getting really really tired of this "modern" game.

• Like 2