BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 26/10/94 - k/o 12:30pm

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

fuck sportsmanship and nicey nicey bollox they did right . 

end of the day our powder puff strike force failed miserably yet again , big mak I'd sooner scoff a big mac this fella is a shit Chris brown . Yuki ? did he get beginers luck at the start of season scoring because he's looking bad . 

I'd of brought fad on and put him up front with yuki and pummeled dome balls in after they had scored. 

someone said about which of our strikers could score 15 goals,  I don't they could score 15 between them . I ain't heard the presser but one of my mates was going do lally at eustace as he said we were sensational,  no idea where he saw that because only sensation is that of rage at our dog shit strike force.

and as for hedges 

Just shows how little you know about football. Because let’s be honest, you’re being deadly serious re: your “Fad” statement aren’t you. 

• Downvote 1

Yuki and Mak aren't as bad as people are starting to make out, we're not playing into either strengths though. Trouble is, we'd become too used to Szmodics, neither are anything like him. We need to adapt, and fast.

Our only source of a decent cross into the box really is Brittain, both would relish someone whipping in crosses. ACD is our only hope on that front.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

fuck sportsmanship and nicey nicey bollox they did right . 

end of the day our powder puff strike force failed miserably yet again , big mak I'd sooner scoff a big mac this fella is a shit Chris brown . Yuki ? did he get beginers luck at the start of season scoring because he's looking bad . 

I'd of brought fad on and put him up front with yuki and pummeled dome balls in after they had scored. 

someone said about which of our strikers could score 15 goals,  I don't they could score 15 between them . I ain't heard the presser but one of my mates was going do lally at eustace as he said we were sensational,  no idea where he saw that because only sensation is that of rage at our dog shit strike force.

and as for hedges 

Nar, not for me. Bit of Sportsmanship goes a long way. 

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

It was a good away performance, Watford rarely threatened. 

Two terrible misses from Weimann and Hyam meant we didn’t win. A terrible decision from the ref meant we lost. 

We’re a couple of quality attackers away from being a good team. 

Agree 100%. 

Performancs of late have been poor, thought we were good today, moved the ball well and created 2 must score chances. 

I know a lot of the focus is on the striker position but it's the 3 behind that concern the most for me. Other than cantwell we are missing quality and pace. Ultimately that's a problem with the budget and the recent recruitment.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Scoobydo said:

Just shows how little you know about football. Because let’s be honest, you’re being deadly serious re: your “Fad” statement aren’t you. 

aye clueless me boss..

hendry

Sutton

samba

• Like 2

Headlines from Premier League are "Premier League forced to release three VAR statements in Aston Villa vs Bournemouth referee drama". In the Championship after an absolute howler by referee Darren England............ nothing.

Edited by Cherry Blue

26 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Headlines from Premier League are "Premier League forced to release three VAR statements in Aston Villa vs Bournemouth referee drama". In the Championship after an absolute howler by referee Darren England............ nothing.

When was the howler? 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Yuki and Mak aren't as bad as people are starting to make out, we're not playing into either strengths though. Trouble is, we'd become too used to Szmodics, neither are anything like him. We need to adapt, and fast.

Our only source of a decent cross into the box really is Brittain, both would relish someone whipping in crosses. ACD is our only hope on that front.

I'm not sure about Mak. He's a striker by trade but he's not very good at scoring, which isn't ideal. 3 assists so far is OK, but he'd need to contribute a lot of those to negate the lack of goalscoring. He started off well but the red card really seemed to derail his momentum. There is talent there, but a non-scoring striker is rarely a good thing in the long run.

Yuki is a solid, hard-worker. He'll chip in over the course of the season, but he's not a regular game-changer in the way Szmods, Arma or BBD, for example, could be when they were on form. When we lost that in Arma, BBD unexpectedly stepped up (for half a season per season anyway). When BBD left, Szmods unexpectedly stepped up in a massive way. We're finally at a point where the unexpected hero just isn't there anymore, so, as you say, we need to adapt - and that means everyone has to contribute more and we need to remain defensively resolute.

Eustace seems to have, for the most part, got the defensive part nailed down. We aren't conceding many as of late. Unfortunately, offensively, we aren't getting the 'everyone contributing more' part of the equation - instead we have people missing chances they should be taking, and at best playing at their level rather than above what we're accustomed to. The only person who's scored more than 2 goals so far is Yuki, with 4. In terms of assists Mak leads the way with 3, but Cantwell and Brittain are more impressive with 2 from 7 and 6 appearances respectively - Mak's had 11 apps and his 3 assists all came before his red card - he's also never completed a full game for us, with 65 mins the longest he's been on the pitch for.

If we're relying on Yuki as our main scoring threat then we will probably struggle unless we keep a very, very tight defence for the rest of the season. It feels like Cantwell, Brittain and Dolan will be the main source of assists. Cantwell is still an unknown quantity at the moment whilst Brittain and Dolan have not exactly been consistent performers over the course of their careers here.

I think we've overachieved based on the team we have thus far, and will need to continue doing so to be comfortable. Eustace seems to have found a working formula, at the moment, for our matches at Ewood. The issue will be if teams find a way to compromise that formula - and in that case we will need to make sure we've found something that works on the road too in the event we need to readjust what we're doing at home.

There's nothing to panic about at the moment, but I think the warning signs are there and there's work to be done to ensure we stay stable. Eustace has a lot to think about and it'll be a real test of his abilities as a manager. If he places us in mid-table by the end of the season I think he'll have done a very good job. I don't consider playoffs realistic, regardless of our start, so I'm not going to judge him based on us being in the top six. I appreciate the limitations he's working with, and hope that he can find ways to get the absolute best out of what he has to keep us safe for this season.

For the record, I don't like that this is my level of expectation, but... Venky's.

• Like 6

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Indeed…Always getting given in 2024

IMG_1064.jpeg

That says direct FK though.

The players 10 yards back, the taker definitely shooting towards goal. 

Our was a yard away and the ball going away from goal. 

Not a different scenario that can interpreted differently? 

We didn’t deserve the defeat but it’s our own fault that we did. Hyam has to have a bit more composure even for a centre half. Scores that and it’s a different game. Weimann who I was delighted we got done in the summer has to finish too, he has dropped off after a very good start. 

Gueye isn’t going to be what we need, another koita. He did have one shot that was finding the corner that got blocked but he has to be braver with crosses and his touch and passing is woeful. He could also have gave away a pen with stupid pushing in the box before a corner, I think he is going to give a few away this season 

ohashi has also dropped off, from looking so composed a few weeks ago he is rushing his chances , he had some good chances to do something when he was on and fluffed them all, I was frustrated with him. 

we started really brightly too, zipping passes about and pinning them in but we don’t have a good focal point up top, time we opened up that vault and got somebody in that’s going to take us to the next level. 

I thought cantwell and brittain were very good for the positives. 

I think in today’s game it was a pen as much as it’s soft and I don’t necessarily agree with it, his hands were up and it’s stopped the attack for them. Would have wanted it at the other end. Hedges is crap, I called it when he signed, hopefully the Brighton lad gets in soon. 
away voodoo needs to end or it’s going to become a thing. 

another tough game next week 

Edited by Bbrovers2288

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Nar, not for me. Bit of Sportsmanship goes a long way. 

I agree.

I'll never forget Paulo de Canio catching the ball when it was crossed to him and an empty net in front of him because their goalie was badly injured on the ground. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

It was a good away performance, Watford rarely threatened. 

Two terrible misses from Weimann and Hyam meant we didn’t win. A terrible decision from the ref meant we lost. 

We’re a couple of quality attackers away from being a good team. 

We're probably a Szmodics away from being a good team?

Not too much to complain about with the performance. Watford had moments but didn’t deserve to win it. We’d have been screaming for a pen if it was at our end.

Gueye is going to have a long season if he doesn’t get going soon. Devoid of confidence and overthinking everything. Some of the blind passes he played were comically bad.

Cantwell and Beck looked a level above everyone else. The lack of conviction in the final third is a worry, as is the general lack of pace. 

42 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

IMG_1064.jpeg

2nd sentence. The position of his hand/arm was a consequence of his body movement. It had to be, his arm was already there before the ball was headed onto it.

more importantly, it plainly wasn’t intentional.

Edited by den

Gueye actually won the ball in our half, dodged a couple of challenges and instead of just popping it off to whoever was beside him he decided to swivel and blindly hit it to the opposite side of the pitch where none of our players were remotely close , baffling decision. Probably the point I condemned him to a bit of a donkey. When are we going to get that role correct, last two have been hard workers but far from goalscorers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

IMG_1064.jpeg

The frustrating part isn’t the call, it’s the fact the ball was being played away from goal by the attacker and the resulting penalty is 1000x a better scoring chance than was was prevented by the handling. The right call but very harsh on us. But like others have said, we should have been 2 up. Flukes like this happen they just feel worse when we don’t finish out golden chances.  Very uneventful away match, probably deserved at least a point, maybe all 3 but you have to take your chances to win 

• Like 1