SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new NightWish album, Once, is something I'm listening to quite a bit now, it's great to finally hear their music with a serious budget (and, accordingly, a full orchestra) behind it. I'm a bit worried, though, about how popular the single Nemo (nothing to do with that bloody fish smile.gif ) seems to be becoming with the Evenesence/HIM/Rasmus crowd.

Picked up the following albums recently :

"Who Killed The Zutons?" - The Zutons

"O" - Damien Rice

"GP & Grievous Angel" - Gram Parsons

"Winning Days" - The Vines

"28 Days Later" - Original Soudtrack

Very impressed with The Zutons (especially 'Confusion') and Damien Rice.

I loved "28 Days Later" as a film, and most of the music has been provided by Godspeed You Black Emperor (I think).

Haven't really taken time to listen the Gram Parsons albums enough yet, but they sound OK.

Was anyone else disappointed with The Vines' album? Winning Days and Ride are great singles, but the rest of the album seems very average - not as good as the debut album IMO.

I discovered Jimmy Eat World a few weeks back. Bleed America and Static Prevails are two quality albums. Also downloaded a few Goo Goo Dolls songs, also good. They are quite similar to the Calling.

Now I know this is a silly confession to make on here ..... but ...........

I've just got back from Madonna at the M.E.N. Arena in Manchester (anything to keep the Smurf happy wink.gif ).

... and I tell you what, she may be knocking on 50 (Madonna, not the Smurf), but you still would.

Went on a bit of a splurge in Manchester...

Ended up with 4 albums, but only paid £20! Thank you Vinyl Exchange smile.gif

!!! - Louden Up Now. Like Radio 4/Rapture, only dancier & funkier. V. good

Mylo - Destroy Rock & Roll. Bit like Royksopp - seems good to chill to

Zillions - Play Zig Zag Zillionaire. like a mixture of My Bloody Valentine & Teenage Fanclub - feedback is always a good thing

Hang on the Box - For Every Punk, Bitch & Arsehole. Mad Chinese all-girl punk band! For when you want all effort, but not bothered about an artist lacking technically

Got The Frames - Set List a few weeks ago and that is pretty good.

Also been listening to a few 'oldies' -

Public Image Ltd - Greatest Hits....................so far

Marion - This World and Body

Both classic albums thumbs-up.gif

As for Madonna I'd put her in the 3 pint category. Oh sod it I'll save the pints until after biggrin.gif

Got myself Eagles of Death Metal - Peace, Love Death Metal the other day and it's a very good album, don't be fooled by the name though because it's certainly not death metal. There's a pretty decent cover of Stuck In The Middle With You on there, worth a listen I'd say.

939 posts of dross.

Time to delete this thread?

Still bitter from the time the Word Association topic was closed are we? Get over it.

If I could be arsed I'd point out the irony of calling this 'dross' whilst you post in the WA topic...oh wait, I just have.

939 posts of dross.

whats wrong with talking about music?

or as le chuck says, what makes WA so much more interesting than this?

just a simple way for someone to make a post, oh how fun, i used to do that sort of thing at school

939 posts of dross.

whats wrong with talking about music?

or as le chuck says, what makes WA so much more interesting than this?

just a simple way for someone to make a post, oh how fun, i used to do that sort of thing at school

You got me wrong guys. What I meant is that most of the 'music' you talk about is dross. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The WA thread is a bit of inoffensive fun and is the most popular thread on the board. tongue.gif

939 posts of dross.

Still bitter from the time the Word Association topic was closed are we? Get over it.

If I could be arsed I'd point out the irony of calling this 'dross' whilst you post in the WA topic...oh wait, I just have.

Shut up Dean you're stupid.

Dear Natasha Beddingfield,

Your latest compositition "These Words" goes to great lengths point out how hard it is to write your own lyrics. I believe it is more important to actually understand the words someone else has written down for you before you start to write your own.

Whilst you try build your interlectual standing by namechecking Shelly and Keats, I would suggested you look up hyperbole in a dictionary, especially the pronunciation. Pronouncing it HYPER-BOWL just shows you up for the ignorant pop-tart you really are.

.... But at least it made me laugh out loud on the way to work this morning. smile.gif